It’s time to Birthday of Karishma Kapoor
Karisma Kapoor is an Indian actress who appears in Hindi films. One of India’s most popular and highest paid actresses, Kapoor is known for her work especially in female-centric films, and her film roles were credited as an important departure from the traditional depiction of women in Hindi films. is. Kapoor is often considered as the most beautiful actress in the country, and is the recipient of many awards,Which include National Film Awards and four Filmfare Awards.
Born – June 25, 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Karisma Kapoor was born in the famous Kapoor family. She is the daughter of actors Randhir Kapoor and Babita. She made her acting debut at the age of seventeen with Prem Qaidi in 1991. Later she was seen in Jigar (1992), Anari (1993), Raja Babu, Suhaag (1994), Coolie No. 1, Gopi Kishan (1995), Saajan Chale Sasural and Jeet (1996). In 1996, Kapoor earned her first Filmfare Award for Best Actress for Raja Hindustani. She received the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for Dil To Pagal Hai (1997). She earned the Best Actress and Best Actress (Critics) trophies at the Filmfare ceremony for Fiza (2000) and Zubeidaa (2001). Kapoor married Sunjay Kapur in 2003 (divorced 2014), and subsequently took a sabbatical from acting in 2004 before making a comeback with Dangerous Ishhq in 2012.
- Home Town: Mumbai
- Religion: Hindu
- Address: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- School: Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai
- College: Sophia College, Mumbai
- Qualification College Dropout
- Hobbies: Dancing
- Marital Status: Married
- Debut: Prem Qaidi (1991)
- Best Movies: Raja Hindustani (1996). Judwaa (1997), Raja babu (1994), Hero No. 1 (1997) and Zubeidaa (2001) among various others
- Net Worth: $15 Million
The Kapoor family, who have all been major actors in their own rights, including great-grandfather, Prithviraj; grandfather, Raj; Uncles, Shammi and Shashi; aunt Jennifer; Paternal uncles, Rishi & Rajiv; Rishi’s wife, Neetu Singh; Shashi’s sons Kunal and Karan.
Also Read: 10 ICC Cricket World Cup hat-tricks
ALL ABOUT KARISHMA KAPOOR:
1. Granddaughter of Raj Kapoor.
2. Hindi megastar.
3. Was offered Rani Mukerji’s role in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998).
4. Older sister of Kareena Kapoor.
5. Her green eyes are the trademark of the Kapoor family. She was the first woman and the fifth
Generation in the Kapoor’s clan to have green eyes.
6. Daughter of actor and director Randhir Kapoor and Babita Kapoor.
7. Formerly engaged to Abhishek Bachchan (2002)
8. Great grand-daughter of film actor Prithviraj Kapoor and great great granddaughter of Dewan
Basheswarnath Kapoor. She is the 4th in line of a generation of filmstars (a world record).
9. Had her own TV series on Sahara TV called “Karishma.” She played three different roles.
Did not attend her cousin, Riddhima Kapoor’s wedding on Wednesday 25 January 2006. Also absent
from this ceremony were her mother, Babita, and sister, Kareena. Riddhima is the daughter of her
10. Uncle Rishi Kapoor and aunt, Neetu Singh.
11. Her nickname “lolo” is from the Hollywood actress Gina Lollobrigida.
12. Grandaughter of actor Hari Shivdasani.
13. Neice of actors Karan , Kunal , Sanjana Kapoor ( Shashi Kapoor’s children).
14. Her mother’s aunt is classic actress Sadhana. However in 2013, Sadhana confirmed that she and
15. Babita don’t keep in touch with each other because of a family problem.
16. Neice of Aditya Raj Kapoor and Kanchan Desai ( Shammi Kapoor’s children).
17. Niece of actor Jatin Sial ( Randhir ‘ s aunt Urmila Sial son).
18. Grand niece of director of Vijay Kapoor and his brother actor, politician Vicky Kapoor. Their father was Trilok Kapoor. Trilok is the brother of Prithviraj Kapoor.
20. Great grand niece of Trilok Kapoor. Prithviraj’ s brother.
21. Great grand niece of actor Kamal Kapoor. Kamal was a cousin of Prithviraj.
You can Also See: ‘Singham’ IPS officer Ajay Pal Sharma
Karishma Kapoor won many awards which include:
- Filmfare Award for best actress for Raja Hindustani(1996)
- Zee Cine Award for best supporting actress for Dil To Pagal Hai(1997)
- Filmfare Award for best supporting actress for Dil To Pagal Hai(1997)
- Filmfare Award for best actress for Fiza (2000)
- National Award for best actress for Zubeida(2001)
- Favorite Place Paris and London
- Favorite Food Cakes and Biryani
Shocking / Interesting Facts & Secrets About Karishma Kapoor:
- She was just 17 years old when she made her acting debut.
- She left the school after 6th standard as she wanted to concentrate on building a career in acting.
- She was once in a relationship with actor Ajay Devgan.